Patterned imprint concrete has become one of the popular choices in driveways. It is used as an alternative to the blocked paving that is known for deteriorating after a short time. Imprinted driveway can be customized to compliment the style of a house.
It is increasingly being used in the modern days because if its versatility. Again, it can be moulded easily it into any shape that fit your creative ideas or needs. Stamped concrete patterns come in different patterns, colours, and texture thereby giving the user a wide range of choice to choose from. You can enhance its appearance by applying a polished finish or a concrete stain.
With pattern imprinted concrete, the concrete’s layer is poured over the sub-base. This is then followed by applying a suitable colour. A colour hardener is also applied to this colour. A patterned matt is then applied to the wet concrete to create the required effect. Its designs range from Brickwork, Ashlar Stone to textured stone. The pattern imprinted concrete is helpful in giving the plain concrete an interesting finish as well as replicating the other materials.
Main benefits of pattern imprinted concrete
- It is capable of covering large areas quickly.
- Its appearance is enhanced by using is a colour and aligning its patterned matts
- It comes in different shapes, styles, and finishes
- It can be used in complimenting the look of a home by laying it in different patterns
- It is stain resistant and wed free
- Requires low maintenance, and it can be installed easily and quickly
- It cannot sink or dislodge
- It has a permanent texture and colour
- It can crack. These cracks can also become large. It should be repaired more frequently to avoid the widening of crack
- Repairs done when repairing the cracks might not match its original installation
- It is non-permeable. This means that it can be affected by poor drainage
- It must be broken out whenever access is required. This can lead to other issues because as it might fail to match its existing surface finish and colour.
- It has an issue relating to maintenance and durability- the sealant applied for protecting its colour must be reapplied after every three to four years. This problem is very common in the heavily trafficked areas like the driveways.
- Its sealant is slippery in winter making it very dangerous for the elderly and young children.